World Population Balance speakers are available to give live or online presentations, workshops, and media interviews anywhere.
If you would like to help your community learn about solving overpopulation by taking advantage of our speakers, please contact us to arrange a live presentation, online presentation or interview, workshop, or telephone interview with your local media -- radio, TV or newspaper.
What We Say
The following are some of the major concepts we cover in our presentations.
The basic demographic facts about overpopulation:
- We're fast approaching 8 billion people on the planet - growing by more than 220,000 per day and over 80 million per year.
- We are overpopulated. Global Footprint Data suggests the sustainable population is about 2 to 3 billion people at a European standard of living. Our planet cannot support the existing population at our current standard of living, and continued population growth will only make problems worse.
The fundamental relationship between overpopulation and all other major issues:
- Renewable resources - such as fresh water, topsoil, forests, and ocean fish - are being consumed much faster than natural processes can replenish them.
- Non-renewable resources - such as fossil fuels, metals, and minerals - are depleting rapidly and this threatens the foundation of modern industrial society.
- Species are being lost and animal populations decimated by ever-increasing human numbers.
- Pollution of the land, air, and water rises. Increasing population makes climate change worse and creates more victims in a climate-disrupted world.
What can individuals do to help reduce overpopulation?
- Have smaller families and encourage others to do the same. Averaging one child per family would lead to a global population of less than 3 billion people in 100 years!
- Encourage the media to make the connections between overpopulation and the depletion of resources, dire poverty, species loss, and climate change.
- Learn more about the issue and share your knowledge with others.